POSITION: PROJECT ASSISTANT
REPORTS TO: HEAD OF PROJECT MANAGEMENT OFFICE
POSITION: SENIOR STAFF
LOCATION: PORT HARCOURT
JOB SUMMARY: This is a staff role in the PMO unit of Operations department. The role requires knowledge and competences in project management, as it is a critical support role in developing adequate project management processes for the company. While the job is location based, it also necessitates site visits to project locations for data harvesting and coordination.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The roles and responsibilities of Project Assistant shall include but not limited to the following:
- Provide support in data harvesting from both internal and external sources for development of good project management processes.
- Prepare for review, project management processes/procedures and documents/templates for tendering purposes.
- Prepare for review, internal project management templates for deployment to projects.
- To contribute to operations department tender appraisal team in order to submit robust tender packages for tendered works.
- To participate in internal subcontractor’s technical evaluation.
- To work with other teams in the Project Management Office to develop proper planning and monitoring metrics for diverse projects being undertaken by company.
- Prepare, monitor and report the project risk register for different projects.
- Collaborate with other departments and units to develop project needs and practical solutions.
- Prepare project presentations for the PMO and management use on all projects.
- Carry out other roles and responsibilities as may be required from time to time.
- A minimum of 5 years work experience in civil construction project roles, with 2 years in project and technical roles.
- Minimum of HND/BSc in engineering and environmental sciences.
- PMI – PMP/PRINCE 2/CAPM certification is an advantage.
- Analytical skills are required.
- Presentations skills are required.
- Ability to work in a cross cultural environmental is required.
- Communications skill is required, fluency in written and spoken English is required.
- Hands-on competences in the following software:
- Oracle Primavera
- Microsoft Project.
- Microsoft Suite.
- Autodesk AutoCad and Revit.
- Knowledge of any engineering design software.
- Knowledge of data analytical and presentation software is desirable.
Please note: Your CV must be sent in WORD DOC. Form and not pdf.
You can also call Sarah on 0909-123-4247 or 08100004694 for further enquiries.