JOB TITLE: CHIEF OPERATIONS OFFICER
JOB LOCATION: IBADAN, NIGERIA
- JOB IDENTIFICATION
Title: Chief Operations Officer
- Organizational Relationships
Directly reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Supervises: Head of Departments within the company
Type of Contract: Permanent
Our client in the Restaurant, Event Management and Outdoor Service Industry is looking to hire an experienced, strong, talented individual to fill the position of the Chief Operations Officer in their organization. She/he would be responsible for managing, monitoring and evaluation of risk assets to ensure no value loss, the supervision of day to day finance and account operations as well as the management and accurate lodgment of sales proceeds for the day. Setting up standard operating procedures for all departments in the company as well.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure timely, daily, and accurate lodgment of sales proceeds.
- Coordinate payment transfers through the bank.
- Manages cash advance and reconciles retirement.
- Supervises the day-to-day finance and accounts operations.
- Setting up of standard operating procedure (SOP) for all departments.
- Ensure implementation of all the processes and procedures for maximum efficiency and Profitability.
- Continuous monitoring and evaluation of risk assets to ensure no value loss.
- Mitigating risk associated with the business to minimize wastages and loss.
- Implement and maintain internal control systems.
- Audit of all operations in each department to ensure safeguard of all risk assets.
- Prepares bank reconciliation statements for the business.
- Resolve all open items and issues on bank reconciliation on a timely basis.
- Maintains the General Ledger and reconciles accounts/ledgers.
- Preparation of sales Analysis report by ensuring full posting of all invoices.
- Petty cash administration.
- Non-Current assets management.
- Account receivables and payables management.
- Data Entry Management.
- Preparation of management account.
- Maintains and accurately tracks all accounting documentation.
- Maintains accounting records and all source documents by ensuring proper filing.
- Compliance with relevant Tax Legislation and filing of returns monthly.
- Overall day to day office management.
- Organize, maintain, and tidy the office area and equipment.
- General administrative support including preparing letters, sending out letters and documents, receiving and sorting mail and deliveries, schedule appointments.
- Organize meetings for the staff team, volunteers, trustees, and training.
- Help to support operations team when needed.
- Ensure staff salaries, pension and tax returns are prepared and filed correctly and on time.
- Maintaining contact with vendors and establishing a good relationship with them for the progress of the business.
- Handling the management of all financial elements of the organization, which includes petty cash, expenses, income & expenditure records, processing all payments through cash flow and monthly bank reconciliation.
- Production of management information and the offering of counsel and direction to staff.
- Devising ways of tracking improvements in the organization.
- Monitoring actual performance and comparing it with the organization’s target.
- Maximizing proficiency in working on all aspects of the financing and the strategic planning for the support of the organization.
- Coordinating market surveys for the effective planning of the business, and its viability, as well as its chances for survival in the competitive marketplace.
- Developing methods of dealing with the challenges faced while carrying out daily activities.
- Prepare budget, support auditing process, training, and the coordination of projects.
- Correspond with employees and external stakeholders to keep them informed of company developments.
- Create strategies to increase employee awareness and promote productivity.
- Communicate with the media and other interested parties to announce new events and discuss organizational changes in a way that attempts to maintain a positive image of the company.
BSC Accounting or Finance or Economics or any social sciences related.
- Additional qualifications in business administration, management, or a related field are also preferred.
- Must be proficient in MS Packages (MS Word, MS Excel, and Power Point)
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- 5-10 years’ work experience
- Experience in a related field, such as management or financial reporting, preferred.
- Exceptional leadership, time, task, and resource management skills.
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking, coaching, interpersonal, and verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with computers, especially MS Office.
- Ability to plan for and keep track of multiple projects and deadlines.
- Familiarity with budget planning and enforcement, human resources, and customer service procedures.
- Willingness to continue building skills through educational opportunities.
- REMUNERATION: N3m – N4m per annum
- AGE BRACKET – 40 – 50yrs
Lunch, call card and data can be included too as part of other benefits.
*Must include Expected pay, Age and Marital status
If cap fits, kindly upload your CV to our website at www.ichrgroup.com
You can also upload to email@example.com
Or call: +234 909-123-4247 or 081-434-472-66 for further enquiries
CV MUST BE IN WORD DOC.
Deadline: October, 2023.