LOCATION: PORT HARCOURT
USE ELVDE AS SUBJECT OF YOUR APPLICATION
JOB DESCRIPTION: ELV DESIGN ENGINEER.
Our client in the building and construction industry is looking to hire capable ELV Design engineer with an excellent track record in the construction industry.
Please note the following before applying:
- EXCELLENT ENGINEERING DESIGN/DRAWING SKILLS
- BASIC BACKGROUND IN THE CONSTRUCTION FIELD WHICH MEANS UNDERSTANDING THE SITE JARGONS BOTH IN THEORY AND PRACTICE.
- PLANNING AND ORGANIZATION ROLE: PREVIOUS KEY RESPONSIBILITY MUST INCLUDE PLANNING, ORGANIZATION, TRACKING AND REPORTING.
- GOOD GRASP OF MICROSOFT OFFICE IS COMPULSORY.
- ANY TYPE OF PROJECT MANAGEMENT TRAINING IS COMPULSORY
- Responsible for the IT, Telecom, ELV, Electronic Security and Fire Alarm systems design contents as assigned together with its follow-up for Authorities and Client’s approval.
- Responsible for chairing coordination meetings with the contractors to ensure that the intended design is implemented
- Responsible for regular site visits to ensure installation standard is satisfactory.
- Coordination with other Discipline Engineers (Architectural, Structural, Mechanical and Electrical) as applicable
- Responsible for the design review of the IT, Telecom, ELV, Security and Fire Alarm services.
- Participation in design review meetings and workshops. If required.
- Preparation of meeting records, design review and design progress reports.
- Liaise with Local suppliers / Contractors to ensure adherence to standards and scope of works required by client.
- Coordinate with design managers undertaking close-out work in all stages of the design development.
- Validate & check design drawings for IT/ Communications Systems & Security construction phases of the project.
- Provide guidance and advice to the ELV team for alternative proposals by the contractor.
- System architecture, technical design, and specification for ICT (for ELV integration).
- LAN and WAN application solutions to support ELV / SMART / IOT functions.
- Single backbone IT infrastructure i.e. GPON / EPON / Fibre / etc. including network equipment and active elements.
- Site wide structured cabling for infrastructure master planning.
- ELV Optimization and ‘system of systems’ integration design for SMART buildings (e.g. FA / CCTV / Biometrics / AV / BMS / EMS / Data / etc.).
- Degree in Electrical / Computer Engineering or equivalent.
- At least 5-8 years of relevant experience in ICT and Smart Building / Digital Solutions.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Ability to work within a team across multiple disciplines.
- Good spoken and written English.
- Registration with COREN
Please note: Your CV must be sent in WORD DOC. Form and not pdf.
You can also call Sarah on 0909-123-4247 for further enquiries.
Deadline is 24th February 2023