LOCATION: PORT HARCOURT
USE ‘EDE’ AS SUBJECT OF THE APPLICATION
JOB DESCRIPTION: ELECTRICAL DESIGN ENGINEER.
Our client in the building and construction industry is looking to hire capable electrical design engineer with an excellent track record in the construction industry.
Please note the following before applying:
- EXCELLENT ENGINEERING DESIGN/DRAWING SKILLS
- BASIC BACKGROUND IN THE CONSTRUCTION FIELD WHICH MEANS UNDERSTANDING THE SITE JARGONS BOTH IN THEORY AND PRACTICE.
- PLANNING AND ORGANIZATION ROLE: PREVIOUS KEY RESPONSIBILITY MUST INCLUDE PLANNING, ORGANIZATION, TRACKING AND REPORTING.
- GOOD GRASP OF MICROSOFT OFFICE IS COMPULSORY.
- ANY TYPE OF PROJECT MANAGEMENT TRAINING IS COMPULSORY
- Design, control, and implement electrical systems and products
- Prepare specifications for purchase of materials and equipment.
- Prepare and study technical drawings, specifications of electrical systems, and topographical maps to ensure that installation and operations conform to standards and customer requirements.
- Develop manufacturing processes according to global engineering codes and standards
- Manage engineering projects deliverables and deliver them on time
- Define customer needs and requirements
- Ensure that installations and applications are in line with customer needs and safety standards
- Collaborate with engineers and technicians to design and apply new system processes
- Perform quality and performance analysis on new and legacy electrical systems
- Summarize data and report on test results
- Examine needs on new equipment, calculate costs and help prepare budgets
- Monitor maintenance and inspection plans.
- Report to the Engineering Manager on all design aspects.
- Managing power generation, transmission and distribution
- Working with high and low voltage equipment
- Drawing up project plans, making models, prototypes and circuit diagrams for high and low voltage electrical equipment
Requirements and skills
- Proven expertise as an electrical engineer
- Hands-on experience using design and calculation software
- Deep knowledge of electrical manufacturing processes
- Understanding of electrical engineering codes and safety standards
- Problem-solving abilities
- Attention to detail
- Time-management skills for meeting deadlines
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- A degree in Electrical Engineering;
- Registration with COREN.
- Advanced mathematical skills for calculation of design equations
- Excellent communication skills to explain technical specifics to peers and customers
- Writing skills for preparing manuals, parts lists, proposals and design documentation
- Ability to supervise technicians
Please note: Your CV must be sent in WORD DOC. Form and not pdf.
You can also call Sarah on 0909-123-4247 for further enquiries.
Deadline is 24th February 2023