LOCATION: PORT HARCOURT
USE MHVACDE AS SUBJECT OF THE APPLICATION
JOB DESCRIPTION: MECHANICAL / HVAC DESIGN ENGINEER
Our client in the building and construction industry is looking to hire capable mechanical HVAC Design engineer with an excellent track record in the construction industry.
Please note the following before applying:
- EXCELLENT ENGINEERING DESIGN/DRAWING SKILLS
- BASIC BACKGROUND IN THE CONSTRUCTION FIELD WHICH MEANS UNDERSTANDING THE SITE JARGONS BOTH IN THEORY AND PRACTICE.
- PLANNING AND ORGANIZATION ROLE: PREVIOUS KEY RESPONSIBILITY MUST INCLUDE PLANNING, ORGANIZATION, TRACKING AND REPORTING.
- GOOD GRASP OF MICROSOFT OFFICE IS COMPULSORY.
- ANY TYPE OF PROJECT MANAGEMENT TRAINING IS COMPULSORY
- Develop HVAC, Plumbing, and Fire Suppression design documents from concept to construction for new and renovated systems.
- Perform analysis and calculations for facility HVAC and Plumbing designs
- Perform studies for HVAC and Plumbing systems, evaluations, findings, develop solutions
- Design HVAC, Fire Protection, Sanitary/Plumbing and associated Utility Systems and report to the Engineering Manager and interface with other discipline engineers as required.
- Developing, Reviewing and monitoring all HVAC, Fire Protection, Sanitary/Plumbing System deliverables
- Developing HVAC, Fire Protection, Sanitary/Plumbing System design Calculations, Load Calculations, drawings, Specifications, datasheets, Equipment Schedules, Scope of works, MTOs and 3D Models, and utilizing Industry sector and safety best-practices.
- Conversant with all HVAC/Fire Protection/Sanitary & Plumbing systems design codes and standards.
- Coordinating with other engineering and design discipline team members
- Developing, Drawings, Documents, Plans/Sections etc.
- Developing HVAC/FP/SP AF&IDs, Schematics, Duct, Pipe Layouts, Plans/Sections etc.
- Review/Prepare 2D AutoCAD Design Drawings.
- Review/Prepare 3D Model using Revit, AutoPlant, BIM or similar software and extract design drawings from these models.
- Develop coordinated services drawings with other disciplines
- Responding to reports and requests for information
- Reviewing stamped and finalized drawings (including piping plans and sections, piping
- Ensuring engineering, design quality, and technical accuracy of drawings, 3D models, material quantities, specifications, procedures
- Prepare demolition layouts/schematics, tie-in requirements and translate into drawings.
- Develops design concepts, prepares documents during various stages of design. Corrects and updates design documents. Develops solutions to design problems.
- Monitors all project team construction works, subcontractor works to ensure their compliance with the job specifications and time plan.
- Oversight activities of drafting.
- Provide technical quality reviews and ensure adherence to Quality Control processes, Codes and Standards
- Participates in engineering, design, and construction review processes.
- Leads and conducts value-engineering studies of alternative design approaches.
- Interprets plans, specifications, drawings, and documents related to engineering and construction.
- Leads or assists with investigations of mechanical-related issues, including root cause analysis as needed.
- Additional duties as required.
- A Bachelor degree in Mechanical engineering.
- A minimum 5-8 years’ experience of working experience in Consultancy / Design Engineering
- Have several techniques in presentation.
- Registration with COREN
Please note: Your CV must be sent in WORD DOC. Form and not pdf.
You can also call Sarah on 0909-123-4247 for further enquiries.
Deadline is 24th February 2023