JOB TITLE: OPERATIONS MANAGER
JOB LOCATION: PORT HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE
NATIONALITY: STRONG PREFERENCE FOR ITALIAN CANDIDATES
The Operations Manager responsibilities is to oversee several construction projects working with the project managers to achieve efficient allocation of resources and creating the developing construction strategies. Operations managers plan, direct and coordinate the operations of different Project site. They are responsible for ensuring and improving the performance, productivity, efficiency and profitability of organizational operations through the provision of effective civil and building construction methods and strategies.
Summary of essential job functions
- Perform a key role in project planning, budgeting, and identification of resources needed.
- Bringing about optimum utilization of resources (labor, materials and equipment).
- Coordinate, manage and monitor the workings of various project sites in the company.
- Plan effective strategies for the financial well-being of the company.
- Improve processes and policies in support of organizational goals.
- Formulate and implement departmental and organizational policies and procedures to maximize output. Monitor adherence to rules, regulations and procedures.
- Establish organizational structures. Delegate tasks, Establish work schedules. Supervise staff. Monitor and evaluate performance.
- Coordinate and monitor the work of various sections involved in construction, Monitor performance and implement improvements. Ensure quality of construction.
- Manage maintenance of equipment and machinery. Provide technical support where necessary.
- Liaising with top management. Assist in the development of strategic plans for operational activity. Implement and manage operational plans. Minimum requirements
- Education: B.Eng. in Civil construction or equivalent education, training and experience is required.
- A post graduate degree in construction management is desirable.
- Experience: 10 years plus related experience preferred.
- Certification: Registration as a Professional Engineer is highly desirable.
- MBA or similar business degree, diploma or course is also desirable Abilities required Must be computer literate with sufficient knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Project
If profile fits you kindly upload your CV at www.ichrgroup.com/careers (word document only)