JOB DESCRIPTION: MECHANICAL / HVAC ENGINEER
LOCATION: PORT HARCOURT
- Develop HVAC, Plumbing, and Fire Suppression design documents from concept to construction for new and renovated systems.
- Perform analysis and calculations for facility HVAC and Plumbing designs
- Perform studies for HVAC and Plumbing systems, evaluations, findings, develop solutions
- Design HVAC, Fire Protection, Sanitary/Plumbing and associated Utility Systems and report to the Engineering Manager and interface with other discipline engineers as required.
- Developing, Reviewing and monitoring all HVAC, Fire Protection, Sanitary/Plumbing System deliverables
- Developing HVAC, Fire Protection, Sanitary/Plumbing System design Calculations, Load Calculations, drawings, Specifications, datasheets, Equipment Schedules, Scope of works, MTOs and 3D Models, and utilizing Industry sector and safety best-practices.
- Conversant with all HVAC/Fire Protection/Sanitary & Plumbing systems design codes and standards.
- Coordinating with other engineering and design discipline team members
- Developing, Drawings, Documents, Plans/Sections etc.
- Developing HVAC/FP/SP AF&IDs, Schematics, Duct, Pipe Layouts, Plans/Sections etc.
- Review/Prepare 2D AutoCAD Design Drawings.
- Review/Prepare 3D Model using Revit, AutoPlant, BIM or similar software and extract design drawings from these models.
- Develop coordinated services drawings with other disciplines
- Responding to reports and requests for information
- Reviewing stamped and finalized drawings (including piping plans and sections, piping
- Ensuring engineering, design quality, and technical accuracy of drawings, 3D models, material quantities, specifications, procedures
- Prepare demolition layouts/schematics, tie-in requirements and translate into drawings.
- Develops design concepts, prepares documents during various stages of design. Corrects and updates design documents. Develops solutions to design problems.
- Monitors all project team construction works, subcontractor works to ensure their compliance with the job specifications and time plan.
- Oversight activities of drafting.
- Provide technical quality reviews and ensure adherence to Quality Control processes, Codes and Standards
- Participates in engineering, design, and construction review processes.
- Leads and conducts value-engineering studies of alternative design approaches.
- Interprets plans, specifications, drawings, and documents related to engineering and construction.
- Leads or assists with investigations of mechanical-related issues, including root cause analysis as needed.
- Additional duties as required.
- A Bachelor degree in Mechanical engineering.
- A minimum 5-8 years’ experience of working experience in Consultancy / Design Engineering
- Have several techniques in presentation.
- Registration with COREN
Please note: Your CV must be sent in WORD DOC. Form and not pdf.
You can also call Sarah on 0909-123-4247 or 08100004694 for further enquiries.