LOCATION: PORT HARCOURT
JOB DESCRIPTION: ELECTRICAL ENGINEER
- Design, control, and implement electrical systems and products
- Prepare specifications for purchase of materials and equipment.
- Prepare and study technical drawings, specifications of electrical systems, and topographical maps to ensure that installation and operations conform to standards and customer requirements.
- Develop manufacturing processes according to global engineering codes and standards
- Manage engineering projects deliverables and deliver them on time
- Define customer needs and requirements
- Ensure that installations and applications are in line with customer needs and safety standards
- Collaborate with engineers and technicians to design and apply new system processes
- Perform quality and performance analysis on new and legacy electrical systems
- Summarize data and report on test results
- Examine needs on new equipment, calculate costs and help prepare budgets
- Monitor maintenance and inspection plans.
- Report to the Engineering Manager on all design aspects.
- Managing power generation, transmission and distribution
- Working with high and low voltage equipment
- Drawing up project plans, making models, prototypes and circuit diagrams for high and low voltage electrical equipment
Requirements and skills
- Proven expertise as an electrical engineer
- Hands-on experience using design and calculation software
- Deep knowledge of electrical manufacturing processes
- Understanding of electrical engineering codes and safety standards
- Problem-solving abilities
- Attention to detail
- Time-management skills for meeting deadlines
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- A degree in Electrical Engineering;
- Registration with COREN.
- Advanced mathematical skills for calculation of design equations
- Excellent communication skills to explain technical specifics to peers and customers
- Writing skills for preparing manuals, parts lists, proposals and design documentation
- Ability to supervise technicians
Please note: Your CV must be sent in WORD DOC. Form and not pdf.
You can also call Sarah on 0909-123-4247 or 08100004694 for further enquiries.