JOB TITLE: CHEF
JOB LOCATION: PORT HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE
The Chef is responsible for handling all food-related concerns and taking care of all food preparation needs. More often, the person will be involved in cooking, baking and preparing predetermined menu items on a daily basis, or they may be asked to come up with new menu ideas and develop delicious and specialty dishes. He/she is will be expected to choose ingredients and design a menu based on the seasonal availability of food items.
- Selects choice ingredients that will give dishes the best flavour
- Experiments to come up with new specialties that will draw diners into the restaurant
- Studying each recipe and gathering all necessary ingredients
- Cooking food in a timely manner
- Monitor food stock and place orders
- Check freshness of food and discard out-of-date items
- Experiment with recipes and suggests new ingredients
- Ensures compliance with all health and safety regulations within the kitchen area
- Keeps up with trends in cooking and the restaurant business to ensure that guests have a positive experience
- Cooks guests’ orders according to their preferences
- Employs food safety best practices and makes sure that all kitchen staff members do the same
- Exhibits sanitation practices and ensures that regulations and standards of cleanliness are strictly adhered to always.
- Analyzes recipes and make menu changes when necessary to keep customers happy and to minimize overhead costs when possible.
- Inspect cooking equipment, supplies, work areas and ingredients to ensure constant conformance to regulatory standards.
- Order food supplies and track inventory
- Must be able to multi-task and work efficiently in fast-paced environment
- Ability to prepare both Continental and national dishes
- Should be able to work well and keep their cool in a fast-paced work environment.
- Proven creativity in menu planning and recipe creation
- Understanding of raw materials, quality control and other techniques for the effective creation and distribution of food products
- Excellent customer service skills
- Maintains budget
- Knowledge of food preparation regulations and standards
- Ability to use common kitchen tools, including cutlery, graters and ranges
- Advanced knowledge of culinary, baking and pastry techniques
- Strong Communication, Organizational Skills.
- Leadership skills
- Ability to remain calm and undertake various tasks
- Familiarity with sanitation regulations
Experience and Qualification:
- Candidate must have at least 3 years cognate experience as a Chef in the hospitality industry.
- Preference will be given to candidates with offsore or onshore experience on the rig.
- Culinary school diploma/ training in Culinary Arts
AGE: Not more than 45 years old.
If cap fits you kindly upload your CV at www.ichrgroup.com