JOB TITLE: IT SPECIALIST
JOB LOCATION: PORT HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE
We are in urgent need of an IT Specialist with cognate experience in software skills and basic hardware knowledge. He/she should be able to code and manage backend operations and social media accounts as well as apply and support the use of computer technology to enhance staff productivity and ensure that the existing office and associated systems are fully functional at all times, therefore contributing to staff productivity and improving the quality of output. The IT Specialist is also involved in recommending and implementing new systems and upgrades as appropriate.
He/she would be required to plays an active role in the building and upgrading of the skills and knowledge of staff in the use of computers and relevant software applications as well as supporting a network of desktops, servers and associated printers and peripherals. The IT Support Specialist is responsible for providing technical support for a full range of business technology, including computer systems (hardware and software), network infrastructure, telecommunications circuits, mobile devices, telephone systems, and audio-visual equipment.
The IT Specialist job roles include:
- Being in charge of keeping current systems updated and running smoothly. He/she is also tasked with upgrading the system and its components when the need arises as well as conduct research and provide cost analysis data when upgrading or purchasing new hardware, software or equipment and also act as the first port of call to employees for all IT related queries.
- Having a working knowledge of common information technologies and systems
- Troubleshooting common IT problems
- Updating the company website with tech tips and brief documents
- Evaluating system potential through assessing compatibility of new programs with existing programs
- Improving existing programs by evaluating objectives and specifications, reviewing proposed changes and making recommendations
- Responsible for all office software and hardware installation and maintenance
- Responsible for buying and replacing office hardware.
- Offer technical support to company staff and troubleshoot computer problems
- Anticipate and report the cost of replacing or updating computer items
- Maintaining working components through repair or replacement
- Network design and implementation
- Exceptional vendor relationships
- Outstanding knowledge of software maintenance
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Database performance modification
- Software performance modification
- Process improvement
- Ability to keep sensitive information confidential.
- Working knowledge of relevant operating systems, software and programming
- Keen attention to detail
- Good organization, time management and prioritization
- Efficient troubleshooting abilities
- Effective communication skills, including speaking, writing and active listening
Experience: A minimum of one-year cognate experience on the same role. Experience within the service-based industry will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of First Degree in Computer Science.
- Qualifications in Information Technology or Computer Engineering or related field is preferred for this position
If cap fits you kindly upload your CV at www.ichrgroup.com
Or send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org