JOB TITLE: FOREMAN
JOB LOCATION: BAYELSA
The Foreman/Field Representative plays the role of the Field Liaison Officer and primarily assists the HR Administrator & Human Resource Manager with the HR management of field staff and community related issues.
The Foreman/Field Representative indirectly oversees the management and welfare of staff seconded to client companies. Other principal supervision areas include the management of key community relationships field staff performance monitoring and development (training) in line with client expectations.
The Foreman’s major roles include:
- Maintains a professional image for the company at all times on staff locations
- Work with the Human Resources Rep & Manager to ensure the existence of adequate and effective Human Resource Management systems, policies and processes that aid the motivation and performance development of field employees.
- Acts as support advisor and strategist, providing needed support to the Human Resource Manager, employees and Board with respect to the identification of operational and community based risks, and the resolution of attendant issues.
- Supports the HR Manager in managing strategic key relationships with the field staff and respective Communities to ensure strong and effective alliances are maintained for the smooth running of the client’s operations.
- Communicates/reports key information to the, HR Administrator, HR Manager, Board of Directors and other internal/external stakeholders as regards regulatory issues, marketplace needs, the competitive environment, business performance and other pertinent issues.
- Oversees field personnel in designated locations and ensures clients’ expectations of same are met.
- Ensures general field personnel well-being at workplace including provision of PPEs and safe-working environment by client and employees alike.
- Ensures the effective integration of the Company’s HR & safety processes and clients’ expectations with its field employee’s activities and day-to-day operations.
- Reviews performance monitoring results of the field staff, compares with set objectives, identifies root causes of weak performance and ensures appropriate measures are taken to correct unsatisfactory results.
- Develop a work schedule for workers and supervise all field workers.
- Prepare timesheet as well as vouchers when necessary.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Ability to network and form high profile relationships with key people in various communities and at all levels
- Ability to influence and calm upheavals and tense/volatile situations and Knowledge of major Nigerian native laws and customs.
- Local and Community History and Dynamics (including deep knowledge of laws and regulations)
- Business Analysis, Strategy Development and Execution
- Entrepreneurial Skills
- Negotiation and Contract Management
- Relationship Management
- Excellent organizational and Leadership/Supervisory skills
- Attention to detail.
- Political Savvy
- Reporting skill
- Team playing
- Oral & Written Communication
- 1st degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics or other related area.
- At least 4 years cognate work experience in areas such as Operations and Administrations, at least 2 years in a reputable and structured business environment.
You can also call Sarah on 0909-123-4247 for further enquiries.