Position: Procurement Officer
Locaton: Port Harcourt, Rivers State
To provide administrative support for the procurement department, in accordance with the company’s policy and procurement SOP, analytical, details seeking, multi-tasking abilities to meets goals and set timelines, with strict compliance to strong ethical and QHSE standards, which shall include but not limited to the following, or any other duties, as may be assigned:
- Ensure purchase order expediting with vendors and stores to review open orders closures, to meet delivery schedules.
- Assist in purchase order reviews, placing orders, and ensuring ordering fulfillment.
- Ensure purchase order up to date records compliance per required format and adequate filing/documentation.
- Ensure fast back office interdepartmental information/document transmittal where required.
- Quote expediting; quote chase with vendors to ensure prompt response.
- Place purchase orders as may be directed and verify that product information, shipping information, cost and delivery dates are all correct before obtaining authorization to place an order.
- Assume other duties as may be assigned by management
Qualification and Requirement
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor’s degree
- Experience level: 5 years in procurement or supply chain.
- Certification in Purchasing or procurement would be an advantage
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications especially Excel.
- Knowledge of local and international procurement suppliers.
- Possess computer skills and analytical abilities to support procurement function effectively and efficiently.
- Possess innate ability for quick learning, team work, managing working under pressure, and other procurement related back-end support function to the procurement manager, as may be assigned.
To apply for this position:
- Submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com using the Job Title as subject of the mail. You can also visit our website on www.ichrgroup.com
Application Closing Date
June 3rd 2021