GM WEST AFRICA
JOB TITLE: WEST AFRICA GENERAL MANAGER
JOB LOCATION: LAGOS
- JOB IDENTIFICATION
Job Title: General Manager (West Africa)
Reports to: Regional Vice President & General Manager of MISA
(Middle East, India Sub And Africa)
- THE COMPANY
Our client offers the industry’s largest portfolio of Taste & Nutrition Systems and Functional Ingredients & Actives, serving the Global Food, Beverage and Pharmaceutical industries. They work with the world’s top Retailers and Manufacturing companies to produce some of the best private-label products and tailored Food & Beverage solutions on the market. They also work with the leading Food Service chains helping to deliver appetizing, relevant and innovative custom solutions, using their expertise in new product development, production and commercialization.
Founded in 1972, the company has annualised sales in excess of €7 Billion and supplies over 15,000 food ingredients and flavour products to customers in more than 140 countries worldwide. They have established over 140 manufacturing sites, operate in over 30 countries, and employ 25,000 people worldwide.
Our client has been present in the Asia-Pacific region since 1997 and has grown its business to become a supplier of choice for their regional and local customers. With over 4,500 employees across the Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa (APMEA), the company has many exciting opportunities at their many Development & Application Centres, Sales Offices and Manufacturing sites. Spread over 19 countries – and growing – the company plays a large role in supplying food & beverage solutions to this diverse region.
They are looking for people with ambition, vision and a commitment to excellence in a dynamic business environment. In return they offer stimulating and rewarding careers from employee to management to leadership levels in a global Taste and Nutrition organisation.
Our Values: Courage | Ownership | Inclusiveness | Open-Mindedness | Enterprising Spirit
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drive the business results and growth in line with the organisation’s regional strategic plan and end-use market strategy – through local market knowledge, insights and depth of customer relationships
- Embed the Commercial Operating Model within the Country, being an advocate of the change and leading from the front to ensure the new ways of working are successful
- Lead the talent agenda, ensuring right capability and resource allocation within the country to drive and sustain commercial excellence, including local succession pipeline
- Execute all country leader accountabilities specific to the geography in line with the organization’s standards
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/MAJOR TASKS
- The General Manager role will strengthen the organisation’s presence, spearhead acquisition activity, and grow the business across the geography West Africa. He/she will be responsible for developing commercial growth strategies through existing and new strategic customer relationships and expanding the Company’s presence in this rapidly growing market.
- The role will have a commercial & business development remit in addition to matrix structure management of other functions. In addition, the role will focus on building high performance team of capable and fully engaged individuals.
- Lead and deliver the country commercial plan, aligned with regional End Use Market “EUM” strategy, to drive top line growth through existing and new business, and clear market relevant differentiation
- Build and grow customer relationships for key channel accounts, leveraging local market insights to identify and win ‘quality’ opportunities and deliver performance against plan
- Ensure the right commercial talent is in place, aligned with “EUM” and channel strategies and customer segmentation, with local talent pipeline to drive sustainable growth
- Bring to life our company’s purpose in the geography – to Inspire Food and Nourish Life – and ensure her brand positioning as valued partner for our commercial opportunities
- Provide country leadership for the geography, owning and driving local engagement, communication, compliance, contingency planning and reporting in line with company standards
- Develop and implement the country commercial plan, aligned to the regional End User Markets (EUM) strategies and priorities
- Provide input to regional EUM strategies and translate them into locally relevant execution frameworks for activation within the local market
- Lead the Customer segmentation process, developing plans for each customer segment that leverages EUM strategies and exercises the best local resource allocation and talent to deliver the solution
- Lead and engage the sales team to drive and elevate the organization’s position and profitability in the local market
- Manage and strengthen key customer relationships, establish networks at senior level with key decision makers to drive and sustain results
- Leverage local consumer and market insight to identify and convert ‘quality’ local opportunities in line with regional EUM strategies
- Identify local M&A targets that accelerate delivery of our regional growth strategy, building and nurturing relationships in the industry
- Drive commercial effectiveness through delivery against commercial metrics (KPIs), including hit rate, Sales/Development ratio, ROI etc
- Develop talent, ensure local capability is identified and succession pipeline in place within country
- Partner with Integrated Operations to understand Demand for the country, working collaboratively on service delivery and to navigate any potential service impacts
- Provide input on strategic investment decisions for local footprint, in partnership with Integrated Operations, to meet emerging demand
- Ensure commercial post M&A process is implemented in a timely manner
- Partner with Compliance and External Affairs to ensure all activity across the country is compliant
- Own business continuity and crisis management across the country
- Ensure the country teams have clarity of direction, transparency of results, feedback and recognition to drive performance and engagement
- KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Must have: in-depth experience in the B2B space
- EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION
- Master’s degree in a business or technical field (or equivalent experience)
- KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED
- Minimum 6-8 years in a sales head/VP/GM Role. Cumulative 15+ years’ experience
- Managed staff in West African space especially in Ghana and Nigeria but with a multinational mindset
- Strategic mindset + acquisition mindset in building businesses
- Solution selling approach Demonstrated growth
- Experience and knowledge of the food and beverage industry, ideally across a range of markets.
- Significant exposure to senior management within a sales environment
- Deep knowledge and experience in the West Africa region.
- Management experience working in a Global / Regional leadership team in a matrixed organisation
- Must be resilient, brave, gutsy
- Respectful towards building talents and relationships
- Open to travel
- Available to start as soon as possible
If cap fits, kindly upload your CV to our website at www.ichrgroup.com
You can also upload to email@example.com Or call: +234 909 123 4247 for further enquiries
*Must include current pay, expected pay, age, marital status, and current location if sending by email to firstname.lastname@example.org..