Job Title: Claims Specialist
Job Location: Port Harcourt
Job summary: A Claims Specialist is a valuable member of the Contracts Department. He or she is in charge of reading and understanding ALL and every aspect of contracts being developed pre construction and developing strategies to efficiently utilize contract in the favor of the Company during Construction. He works closely with the Quantity Surveyors monitoring and gathering required information on the Project documenting execution inline with contract, writing contractual letters to client based on claims foreseen. Summary of essential job functions • Extensive study of contract documents, full scope of projects, specifications book, schedule of rates, drawings and bill of quantities for the project
- Ensure participation in key on and off site meetings. All major decisions and or changes must be recorded in real time. Strategy for these must be urgently communicated to relevant members of management and action taken as it regards communication to client
- Ensure key communications via any media is being received and evaluated
- Utilizing gathered information and agreed terms from the bill articulate and draft letters for management which would position company to avoid loss or gain advantage
- Prepare and submit claims for payments
- Advises the Contract Management on claims strategy
- Writes monthly reports for all designated sites Minimum requirements
- Must have a degree in Quantity Surveying or Engineering background preferable Civil Engineering, Masters in Contract law and or Construction law or its equivalent is added advantage
- Minimum 10 to 15 years functioning as a Quantity Surveyor with 2-3 years experience minimum should have functioned as a claims specialist Abilities required
- Determined work ethic and must be seen to be professional at all times (communication and presentation)
- Must be Computer Literate with sufficient knowledge of Microsoft office software packages especially Microsoft Excel, Word and Project.
- Knowledge of standard contracts for construction (including JCT, FIDIC) is a must.
If profile fits you kindly upload your CV at www.ichrgroup.com/careers (word document only)