LOCATION: PORT HARCOURT
USE CSCADDE AS SUBJECT OF THE APPLICATION
JOB DESCRIPTION: CIVIL / STRUCTURAL CAD/DESIGN ENGINEER
Our client in the building and construction industry is looking to hire capable civil/structural CAD Design engineer with an excellent track record in the construction industry.
Please note the following before applying:
- EXCELLENT ENGINEERING DESIGN/DRAWING SKILLS
- BASIC BACKGROUND IN THE CONSTRUCTION FIELD WHICH MEANS UNDERSTANDING THE SITE JARGONS BOTH IN THEORY AND PRACTICE.
- PLANNING AND ORGANIZATION ROLE: PREVIOUS KEY RESPONSIBILITY MUST BE IN PLANNING, ORGANIZATION, TRACKING AND REPORTING.
- GOOD GRASP OF MICROSOFT OFFICE IS COMPULSORY.
- ANY TYPE OF PROJECT MANAGEMENT TRAINING IS COMPULSORY
- The ideal candidate will be capable of developing engineering drawing sets in coordination with engineers
- Provide supports and engage in preparation of project deliverables, detailed 2D drawings, detailed instruction and specifications, relevant for successful execution of civil and all related works.
- Produce plan layouts, detailed civil/structural drawing and other drafting requirements of any project assigned;
- Produce Grading, Drainage and Utility design
- Produce maps, diagrams, and profiles, using cross-sections and surveys, to represent elevations, topographical contours, subsurface formations and structures.
- Review rough sketches, drawings, specifications, and other engineering data received from civil engineers to ensure that they conform to design concepts.
- Estimate quantities and cost of materials, equipment, or labour to determine project feasibility.
- Attending inter-disciplinary technical clarification and progress meetings when required.
- Using a range of computer software for developing detailed designs
- Minimum Qualification: B.Sc./B.Eng. with 5+ years’ experience in an Engineering Organization in a similar design position.
- Ability to efficiently use Civil and Structural Engineering detailing software such as AutoCAD, Tekla Structures, and other drafting software.
- Mastery of Civil 3D design components and drafting techniques a plus.
- Demonstrable knowledge of Industry Codes and Standards (British Standards, Eurocodes, API, etc.).
- Should Possess Good Communication Skill.
- Must be computer literate with sufficient knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
Please note: Your CV must be sent in WORD DOC. Form and not pdf.
You can also call Sarah on 0909-123-4247 for further enquiries.
Deadline: 24th February 2023.